Friday, May 20, 2011

Mermaid Sugar Cookies

Well, as promised, here are some sugar cookies in the shape of a seamaiden! I admit my icing skills are only mediocre, but they still turned out pretty cute. Once I invest in one of those Wilton cake decorating classes, there will be no stopping me! lol

To make these sugar seamaidens, simply bake your favorite sugar cookie recipe. If the dough is too soft to cut out a shape, add flour by the tablespoonful until it is the right consistency. Then roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out your seamaiden.

For icing, I used Wilton icing in a tube in leaf green, pink and red. To add some bling to the tails, cover in pink sugar pearls. The icing and sugar pearls should be readily available at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores.

To purchase a mermaid cookie cutter, check out my Mermaid Cookie Cutter post.

No comments:

Post a Comment